The weather has turned cooler and overcast these days. Summer is over.
It seems every year that in the change of seasons from summer to fall, I experience some downturn. Some years have been worse than others. This fall so far has been, I think, the gentlest one in over a decade.
I haven’t gone out even for a walk, in over a week. That has something to do with windy, rainy weather. It also has to do with a lower level of energy. And a recent reminder of how much I don’t like to crash. So I am playing it safe at present.
Unlike other autumns, though, I feel some … contentment with this quieter life. I don’t really feel a desire to go uptown, for instance. To do the grocery shopping. To scan the streets for someone I know.
The loneliness is not nearly what it was such a short time ago. That has everything to do with having formed friendships on the net, and with having some work online as well.
I no longer fear that if I disappeared, nobody would notice. I no longer believe that if I were to vanish, nobody would come to look for me.
This is a source of contentment for me.
- A Life After CFS - Ncubator
- Alysons CFIDS Blog
- Ashy’s Blog
- Blue Ribbon Campaign for ME/CFS
- Bringing the Heat - Phoenix Rising’s Blog
- CFIDS Insights
- Chronic Fatigue Survivor’s Blog
- Daily Strength CFS Support Group
- Dr. Mercola’s Natural Health Newsletter
- Dreams At Stake
- Jimmy Moore’s Livin’ La Vida Low Carb Blog
- Jo Blogs
- Kelly Upcott ND
- Laurel’s CFS/CFSAC Testimony on YouTube
- Learning to Live With CFS
- Lifetime Wellness Centre
- ME and me
- ME/CFS Forums at Phoenix Rising
- Metabolism Society
- Phoenix Rising
- ProHealth Wellness Community, Research and Health Products
- Reiki-Do Natural Healing Centre
- Renee’s Reflections
- Sick Momma
- Suggest Ideas
- Sundog Tales
- Support Forum
- Surprising ME
- WordPress Planet